Monday, June 8, 2009

Ketchup Taboo Thunder

Hello my friends!

I have been off the blogging wheel for a couple of weeks. Things got pretty crazy and will continue to be for the next 30 days! I have wanted to blog but have been so tired I just can't. Sleep is essential for functioning. :)

Last week was a rough week. Work was incredibly stressful and kept messing with all of the n0n-work-work I needed to do. Staying until 7pm is really just not an option for me right now. On top of staying late, I've been put in a position that I shouldn't have ever been. I was told to let someone know they were off the project and I was now working on it. I didn't do it and I wouldn't do it. I am not in the role of "boss" and I won't tell my peer such news. So I told my colleague to ask our boss what was going on. It's very tough to be in that place.

Are you an assertive person? If you are then tough decisions are not too difficult for you. You have an easy time deciding what is right for you and expressing it. I am not an assertive person and when I have to make a decision and follow thru on a decision that could hurt someone, it literally just makes me a huge ball of anxiety.

Anyway, tough week over. On to a new week. We finished our premarital counseling on Sunday! It was so good for us. Even Sunday we planned our ceremony and then talked about lots of stuff. It feels good to have another thing done.

It just started thundering! I love it.

I continue to realize how much fear is inside me. Fear is like thunder. It's loud, sometimes deafening but really it's just a bunch of hot air hitting some cold air. But it's nothing really. It makes us think it's scary and much bigger than it actually is. I have found that just admitting I'm afraid of something helps relieve a lot of the fear. Then as I begin to engage with thinking about what makes me scared, I begin to realize, it's not that big of a deal. Especially with Jesus inside us, we don't have to be afraid. There is provision and grace for however big or small the fear is. Jesus walks right in and says, "It's ok. I am here. Let's see what's really involved with this. I'm pretty sure it's just a bunch of hot air!"

What subject do you consider taboo? Jesus will walk right into that place and show you truth. Don't be afraid to admit your scared and see where he is.

G'night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment